Symptoms of P0174 OBD II Trouble Code
- lack of power
- increased fuel consumption
- detonation (spark knock)
- hesitation/surge on acceleration
Common Causes of P0174 OBD II Trouble Code
- The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty (if equipped). Note: The use of "oiled"
air filters can cause the MAF to become contaminated if the filter is over-oiled.
There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone
potting material used to protect the circuitry.
- There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor
- Fuel problem (rail/injectors/pump/regulator)