Symptoms of P0181 OBD II Trouble Code
- There may be no symptoms
- Other fuel composition codes may be present
- Possibly MIL illumination
Common Causes of P0181 OBD II Trouble Code
- A bad ambient temperature sensor "A"
- Defective fuel temperature/composition sensor
- Faulty intake air temperature sensor
- Open, shorted, or damaged wiring or connectors
- PCM or a PCM programing error
Severity of P0181 OBD II Trouble Code
Fuel temperature is monitored by the PCM to calculate fuel delivery strategy (in flex fuel vehicles) so this code should be treated as severe.