Symptoms of P0457 OBD II Trouble Code
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination with P0457 DTC set
- There may be an occasional smell of fuel
- Fuel economy is effected as fuel is allowed to evaporate into the atmosphere
Common Causes of P0457 OBD II Trouble Code
- This code relates to a large leak. The most common cause is the gas cap. Either it was left loose, is cracked, lost or has a foreign object or dirt on the threads preventing a good seal.
- If the gas cap is not the cause, a hose may have rotted and cracked or possibly come off. The system is not subjected to abuse of any kind, so age and weather may be to blame.
- The vacuum canister may have cracked