Symptoms of P0742 OBD II Trouble Code
- Stuck On Indicator Lamp (MIL) illuminated (a.k.a. Check Engine Light)
- If the torque converter clutch is actually stuck on, the engine may stall at idle. This is a common problem for certain model GM vehicles, while driving at highway speeds and then coming to a stop the engine dies from the torque converter clutch being stuck on. Usually the engine will restart and resume normal operation.
Common Causes of P0742 OBD II Trouble Code
- Wiring harness to transmission, damaged, pinched or shorted to power
- Torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid failure
- Transmission control module (TCM)