OVERVIEW OF BODY FEATURES
1. Next-Generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure.
2. Rigid magnesium steering hanger beam mounts steering column and dashboard components.
3. Reinforced cabin with 1,500 MPa one-piece front door outer stiffener rings.
4. Reinforced roof structure.
5. New “3-Bone” platform with additional stiffeners.
6. Rigid tailgate opening ring with structural foam bulkheads applied at four locations.
DISCLAIMER: This publication contains a summary of new body and vehicle technology that may affect
collision and other body repairs. Always refer to the appropriate service and body repair manuals for complete
repair information. A subscription may be purchased at: techinfo.honda.com
Applies To: 2014 MDX –ALL
Body Repair News
2014 MDX: New Model Body Repair Information
TABLE OF CONTENTS
New Model Body Technology Page 2
Body Repair Information Page 5
Welding Precautions and Information Page 6
Airbag System Components and Repairs Page 8
Electrical Repair Information Page 9
© 2013 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. – All Rights Reserved BBN 50009 (1307)