Preparing to Drive
You should do the following checks
and adjustments every day before
you drive your car.
1. Make sure all windows, mirrors,
and outside lights are clean and
unobstructed. Remove frost, snow,
2. Check that the hood, trunk and
rear window are fully closed.
3. Visually check the tires. If a tire
looks low, use a gauge to check its
4. Check that any items you may be
carrying with you inside are stored
properly or fastened down
5. Check the adjustment of the seat
(see page 73).
6. Check the adjustment of the
inside and outside mirrors (see
7. Check the adjustment of the
steering wheel (see page 61).
8. Make sure the doors are securely
closed and locked.
9. Fasten your seat belt. Check that
your passenger has fastened his
seat belt (see page 15).
10.Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
Check the indicator lights in the
11.Start the engine (see page 147).
12.Check the gauges and indicator
lights in the instrument panel (see