INSTALLING CHILD SEATS WITH LAP AND SHOULDER BELTS
WARNING: Airbags can kill or injure a child in a child seat.
NEVER place a rear-facing child seat in front of an active airbag.
If you must use a forward-facing child seat in the front seat, move the
seat all the way back.
WARNING: Children 12 and under should be properly restrained
in the rear seat whenever possible.
WARNING: Depending on where you secure a child restraint,
and depending on the child restraint design, you may block
access to certain safety belt buckle assemblies and/or LATCH lower
anchors, rendering those features potentially unusable. To avoid risk of
injury, occupants should only use seating positions where they are able
to be properly restrained.
When installing a child safety seat with combination lap/shoulder belts:
• Use the correct safety belt buckle for that seating position.
• Insert the belt tongue into the proper buckle until you hear a snap and
feel it latch. Make sure the tongue is securely fastened in the buckle.
• Keep the buckle release button pointing up and away from the safety
seat, with the tongue between the child seat and the release button, to
prevent accidental unbuckling.
• Place the vehicle seat back in the upright position.
• Put the safety belt in the automatic locking mode. Refer to Step 5.
This vehicle does not require the use of a locking clip.
Child Safety 23
2013 Edge (edg)
Owners Guide gf, 1st Printing