PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
The remote control allows you to:
• remotely lock or unlock the vehicle doors
• unlock the doors without actively using a key or remote control
(intelligent access only)
• remotely open the power liftgate (if equipped)
• remotely start or stop the engine (if equipped)
• arm and disarm the anti-theft system
• activate the panic alarm.
Intelligent Access (If Equipped)
Your vehicle will allow you to unlock and enter your vehicle without
actively using a key or remote control. You can use this feature at the
front doors or at the liftgate/trunk. You can activate the intelligent access
feature as long as you have one of your intelligent access keys within
range of the front doors or the liftgate/trunk.
GENERAL INFORMATION ON RADIO FREQUENCIES
The remote control complies with part 15 of the FCC rules and with
RSS-210 of Industry Canada. Operation is subject to the following two
conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2)
This device must accept any interference received, including interference
that may cause undesired operation.
Note: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party
responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the
The typical operating range for your transmitter is approximately 33 feet
(10 meters). Vehicles with the remote start feature will have a greater
range. A decrease in operating range could be caused by:
• weather conditions
• nearby radio towers
• structures around the vehicle
• other vehicles parked next to your vehicle.
Keys and Remote Control 55
2013 Edge (edg)
Owners Guide gf, 1st Printing