Power Steering Fluid
The power steering ?uid
reservoir is located near
the front of the engine
compartment, behind the
radiator. See Engine
Compartment Overview on
page 5-12 for reservoir
When to Check Power Steering Fluid
It is not necessary to regularly check power steering ?uid
unless you suspect there is a leak in the system or
you hear an unusual noise. A ?uid loss in this system
could indicate a problem. Have the system inspected
How to Check Power Steering Fluid
1. Turn the key off and let the engine compartment
2. Wipe the cap and the top of the reservoir clean.
3. Unscrew the cap and wipe the dipstick with a
4. Replace the cap and completely tighten it.
5. Then remove the cap again and look at the ?uid
level on the dipstick.
The level should be between the ADD and FULL marks.
If necessary, add only enough ?uid to bring the level
up to the proper range.
What to Use
To determine what kind of ?uid to use, see
Recommended Fluids and Lubricants on page 6-11.
Always use the proper ?uid.
Notice: Use of the incorrect ?uid may damage the
vehicle and the damages may not be covered by
the vehicle?s warranty. Always use the correct ?uid
listed in Recommended Fluids and Lubricants
on page 6-11.