Under normal use, the battery in your remote keyless
entry transmitter should last about four years.
You can tell the battery is weak if the transmitter won?t
work at the normal range in any location. If you have
to get close to your vehicle before the transmitter works,
it?s probably time to change the battery.
Notice: When replacing the battery, use care not to
touch any of the circuitry. Static from your body
transferred to these surfaces may damage the
To replace the battery in the keyless entry transmitter,
do the following:
1. Use an object like a coin to pry open the transmitter.
2. Once the transmitter is separated, use an object
like a pencil to remove the old battery. Do not use
a metal object.
3. Remove and replace the battery, positive (+)
4. Snap the transmitter back together tightly to be sure
no moisture can enter.
5. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the
remote keyless entry transmitter for seven seconds
to resynchronize the transmitter.
6. Check the operation of the transmitter.