ELANTRA(HD) > 2007 > G 2.0 DOHC > Body Electrical System
Body Electrical System > General Information > General Information
GENERAL TROUBLESHOOTING INFORMATION
1. Check applicable fuses in the appropriate fuse/relay box.
2. Using the battery checker (MCR-570 KIT), check the battery for damage, state of charge, and clean and tight
(Refer to the Engine Electrical System - Battery)
Do not quick-charge a battery unless the battery ground cable has been disconnected, otherwise you
will damage the alternator diodes.
Do not attempt to crank the engine with the battery ground cable loosely connected or you will
severely damage the wiring.
3. Check the alternator belt tension.
1. Make sure the connectors are clean and have no loose wire terminals.
2. Make sure multiple cavity connectors are packed with grease (except watertight connectors).
3. All connectors have push-down release type locks (A).
4. Some connectors have a clip on their side used to attach them to a mount bracket on the body or on another
component. This clip has a pull type lock.
5. Some mounted connectors cannot be disconnected unless you first release the lock and remove the
connector from its mount bracket (A).
6. Never try to disconnect connectors by pulling on their wires; pull on the connector halves instead.