Date of issue 06/03 Amended 12/04 Bulletin Number XT501-08 Page 1 of 3
Passenger Footwell Water Leakage –
Leakage At Pollen Filter Housing –
Install Water Shield
NOTE: THE INFORMATION IN TECHNICAL BULLETINS IS INTENDED FOR USE BY TRAINED, PROFESSIONAL TECHNI-
CIANS WITH THE KNOWLEDGE, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT TO DO THE JOB PROPERLY AND SAFELY. IT INFORMS
THESE TECHNICIANS OF CONDITIONS THAT MAY OCCUR ON SOME VEHICLES, OR PROVIDES INFORMATION THAT
COULD ASSIST IN PROPER VEHICLE SERVICE. THE PROCEDURES SHOULD NOT BE PERFORMED BY “DO-IT-
YOURSELFERS.” DO NOT ASSUME THAT A CONDITION DESCRIBED AFFECTS YOUR CAR. CONTACT A JAGUAR
DEALER TO DETERMINE WHETHER THE BULLETIN APPLIES TO YOUR VEHICLE.
Remove and destroy Bulletin XT501-08, dated 06/03.
Replace with this Bulletin.
Revisions are marked with a bar and in bold text.
On some 2002-03 MY X-TYPE vehicles within the above VIN range, customers may
complain of water leaking into the passenger footwell.
A water shield is now available that can be installed on the curb side of the pollen filter
housing to eliminate this concern.
In case of a verified customer complaint of water leaking past the pollen filter housing,
install a water shield as outlined below.
1. Remove pollen filter. (See Workshop Manual, section: 412-01, SRO 76.10.09).
2. Remove pollen filter housing securing nuts.
3. Displace and remove pollen filter housing.
4. If present, remove any excess ‘hot melt’ glue that may obstruct the installation of
the water shield.
5. Clean local area of pollen filter housing where water shield will be installed.