Date of issue 6/98 Bulletin Number 418-10 Page 1 of 2
Wiring Change –
Driver Seat Control Module –
Early 1997 MY XK8 vehicles (up to VIN 003300) have a ground wire for the Driver Seat Control
Module (DSCM) at location 3 of connector SD4. This ground circuit enables the control module
to function as a DSCM instead of as a Passenger Seat Control Module (PSCM). On vehicles after
VIN 003300, the ground wire was moved to location 1 on connector SD5. Since the early DSCM
(LJA 2160AE/001) supersedes to LJA 2160AG/001, the wiring must be updated to the later
configuration for the later DSCM to operate correctly. Without the ground, the control module will
operate as a PSCM meaning that memory settings will not function and the key chime will not
sound. Refer to Fig. 12.1 of the 1997 MY XK8 Electrical Guide for further information.
When installing DSCM part no. LJA 2160AG/001 in a 1997 MY XK8 within the above VIN range,
modify the vehicle wiring as described below.
MODIFYING WIRING ON EARLY XK8 VEHICLES
1. Disconnect the battery negative cable and remove the DSCM from the seat.
2. Disassemble the SD4/26 center connector to remove the black wire from location 3
(Illustration 1). Verify that the black wire is connected to body ground.
3. Reassemble the SD4/26 connector.
4. Remove the terminal from the black wire. Splice on a lead with a molex connector terminal
already crimped on (part no. 418-083 supplied in the wiring harness repair kit 418-S065).
5. Pull out the red lock on connector SD5/10 to unlock the terminals.
CONNECTOR SD4-26 VIEWED FROM BACK