Date of issue 02/02 Amended 05/02 Bulletin Number 303-48 Page 1 of 5
V8 XJ Series/XK
1997-99 MY XK Range
1998-99 MY V8 XJ Series
Coolant Leakage –
Heater Hoses –
On some 1997-99 MY XK and 1998-99 MY XJ vehicles within the above VIN ranges,
customers may complain of coolant leaking from the heater hoses.
In case of a customer complaint of coolant leakage on the above vehicles, replace both heater
hoses. Once the heater hoses have been replaced, carry out chemical/water flush to coolant
system as detailed in Technical Bulletin 303-11.
To replace both coolant heater feed and return hoses, follow the workshop procedure.
REMOVAL PROCEDURE - ALL VEHICLES
1. Open luggage compartment and disconnect the battery. (See JTIS CD-ROM, section: 414-
01, SRO 86.15.01).
2. Open hood and fit fender protection covers.
3. Raise vehicle.
4. Drain radiator coolant.
SUPERCHARGED VEHICLES - ONLY
1. Place drip tray under vehicle.
2. Undo supercharger cooling radiator drain plug and allow coolant to drain.
3. Install and fully tighten supercharger coolant radiator drain plug.
4. Lower vehicle.
5. Remove supercharger assembly. (See JTIS CD-ROM, section: 303-12, SRO 18.50.15).
6. Continue with removal procedure.
NORMALLY ASPIRATED VEHICLES - ONLY
1. Lower vehicle.
Remove and destroy Bulletin 303-48, dated 02/02.
Replace with this Bulletin.
Revisions are marked with a bar and in bold text.