Disassembly and Assembly
SEATBACK TRIM AND PAD
1. Open fastener on back of seatback, and remove retainer from
2. Remove the stay securing the inner cloth.
3. Squeeze and pull up headrest holder tabs to remove from seat-
Before installing the headrest holder, check its orientation (front/
rear and right/left).
4. Remove the seat heater harness connector. After removing the seatback trim and pad, remove the hog
ring to separate the trim, and pad.
Seatback heater unit is stitched into seatback trim. It cannot be separated. (For heated seat models only)
REMOVAL OF SEATBACK ASSEMBLY
1. After completing the steps 1 of ?SEATBACK TRIM AND PAD?, remove the harness connectors for the
reclining motor (driver seat only).
2. Pull out the harness connector for the side air bag from the seat cushion.
3. Remove the reclining device mounting bolts on the seatback frame, and remove the seatback assembly.
When assembling the seatback frame, make sure that the reclining device are locked on both sides, and
be sure to temporarily tighten the bolts, then tighten them finally.
INSTALLATION OF SEATBACK ASSEMBLY
? Install in the reverse order of removal.