Basic Inspection AFS0011C
BASIC INSPECTION 1 BRAKE FLUID AMOUNT, LEAKS, AND BRAKE PADS INSPECTION
1. Check fluid level in the brake reservoir tank. If fluid level is low, refill the brake fluid.
2. Check the brake piping and around the ABS actuator for leaks. If there is leaking or oozing fluid, check the
? If ABS actuator connection is loose, tighten the piping to the specified torque and re-conduct the leak
inspection to make sure there are no leaks.
? If there is damage to the connection flare nut or ABS actuator screw, replace the damaged part and re-
conduct the leak inspection to make sure there are no leaks.
? When there is fluid leaking or oozing from a part other than ABS actuator connection, if the fluid is just
oozing out, use a clean cloth to wipe off the oozing fluid and re-check for leaks. If fluid is still oozing out,
replace the damaged part.
? When there is fluid leaking or oozing at ABS actuator, if the fluid is just oozing out, use a clean cloth to
wipe off the oozing fluid and re-check for leaks. If fluid is still oozing out, replace ABS actuator body.
ABS actuator body cannot be disassembled.
3. Check the brake pad degree of wear. Refer to BR-26, "
Removal and Installation of Brake Pad" or BR-32,
"Removal and Installation of Brake Pad" in ?Front Disc Brake? and BR-39, "Removal and Installation of
Brake Pad" or BR-45, "Removal and Installation of Brake Pad" in ?Rear Disc Brake?.
BASIC INSPECTION 2 POWER SYSTEM TERMINAL LOOSENESS AND BATTERY INSPECTION
Make sure the battery positive cable, negative cable and ground connection are not loose. In addition, check
the battery voltage to make sure it has not dropped.
BASIC INSPECTION 3 ABS WARNING LAMP INSPECTION
1. Make sure ABS warning lamp turned on approximately 1 second when the ignition switch is turned ON.
Check CAN communications. Refer to BRC-38, "
Inspection 8 CAN Communication System" .
2. Make sure lamp turns off approximately 1 second after the ignition switch is turned on. If the lamp does
not turn off, conduct self-diagnosis.
3. Make sure the ABS warning lamp turn off 2 seconds after the engine is started. If ABS warning lamp has
not turned off 10 seconds after the engine has been started, conduct self-diagnosis of the ABS actuator
and electric unit.
4. After conducting the self-diagnosis, be sure to erase the error memory. Refer to BRC-21, "