Inspection 6 Stop Lamp Switch System AFS0011I
1. SELF-DIAGNOSIS RESULT CHECK
Check self-diagnosis results.
Is the above displayed in the self-diagnosis display item?
YES >> GO TO 2.
NO >> Inspection End
2. CONNECTOR INSPECTION
1. Disconnect the ABS actuator and electric unit connector E51 and stop lamp switch connector E112, check
the terminal for deformation, disconnection, looseness, and so on. If there is an error, repair or replace the
2. Securely reconnect the connector and conduct self-diagnosis.
3. Start engine.
4. Repeat Pumping brake pedal carefully several times, then perform self-diagnosis again.
OK or NG
OK >> The connector terminal contact is loose, damaged, open or shorted.
NG >> GO TO 3.
3. STOP LAMP SWITCH CIRCUIT INSPECTION
1. Turn off the ignition switch and disconnect ABS actuator and electric unit connector E51.
2. Check the voltage between the ABS actuator and electric unit
connector terminal and the ground.
OK or NG
OK >> Inspection End
NG >> Open or short in harness between the ABS actuator and electric unit and the stop lamp switch.
Repair or replace the harness.
STOP LAMP SW
ABS actuator and electric unit
(Harness connector E51)
Ground Measuring condition Voltage
17 (P/L) ?
Brake pedal depressed Battery voltage (approx. 12V)
Brake pedal not depressed 0V