If an error is detected in the system, ABS warning lamp, TCS OFF indicator lamp and SLIP indicator lamp on
the combination meter turn on. In this case, perform self-diagnosis as follows:
1. Turn ignition switch OFF.
2. Connect CONSULT-II and CONSULT-II CONVERTER to the data link connector.
If CONSULT-II is used with no connection of CONSULT-II CONVERTER, malfunctions might be
detected in self-diagnosis depending on control unit which carry out CAN communication.
3. Turn ignition switch ON.
4. Start engine and drive at approximately 30 km/h (19 MPH) for approximately 1 minute.
5. After stopping the vehicle, with the engine running, touch ?START (NISSAN BASED VHCL)?, ?ABS?,
?SELF-DIAG RESULTS? in order on the CONSULT-II screen.
If ?START (NISSAN BASED VHCL)? is touched immediately after starting the engine or turning on
the ignition switch, ?ABS? might not be displayed in the System Selection screen. In this case,
repeat the operation from step 1.
6. The self-diagnostic results are displayed. (If necessary, the self-diagnostic results can be printed out by
? When ?NO FAILURE? is displayed, check the ABS warning lamp, TCS OFF indicator lamp, and SLIP
7. Conduct the appropriate inspection from the display item list, and repair or replace the malfunctioning
8. Start engine and drive at approximately 30 km/h (19 MPH) for approximately 1 minute.
? When a wheel sensor ?short-circuit? is detected, if the vehicle is not driven at 30 km/h (19 MPH)
for at least 1 minute, the ABS warning lamp will not turn off even if everything is normal.
9. Turn ignition switch OFF to prepare for erasing the memory.
10. Start the engine and touch ?START (NISSAN BASED VHCL)?, ?ABS?, ?SELF-DIAG RESULTS?, ?ERASE
MEMORY? in order on the CONSULT-II screen to erase the error memory.
If ?ABS? is not indicated, go to GI-40, "
CONSULT-II Data Link Connector (DLC) Circuit" .
If the error memory is not erased, reconduct the operation from step 5.
11. For the final inspection, drive at approximately 30 km/h (19 MPH) for approximately 1 minute and confirm
that the ABS warning lamp, TCS OFF indicator lamp, and SLIP indicator lamp are off.