? Do not perform active test while driving.
? Make sure to completely bleed air from the brake system.
? The ABS and brake (EBD) warning lamps turn on during the active test.
1. Connect the CONSULT-II and CONVERTER to the data link connector and start the engine.
If CONSULT-II is used with no connection of CONSULT-II CONVERTER, malfunctions might be
detected in self-diagnosis depending on control unit which carry out CAN communication.
2. Touch ?START (NISSAN BASED VHCL) ? on the display screen.
3. Touch ?ABS?.
If ?ABS? is not indicated, go to GI-40, "
CONSULT-II Data Link Connector (DLC) Circuit" .
4. Touch ?ACTIVE TEST?.
5. The test item selection screen is displayed.
6. Touch necessary test item.
7. With the ?MAIN ITEM? display shown in reverse, touch ?START?.
8. The Active Test screen will be displayed, so conduct the following test.
The example shown is for the front right wheel. The procedure for the other wheels is the same as
1. For ABS solenoid valve, touch ?UP?, ?KEEP?, and ?DOWN?.Then
use screen monitor to check that solenoid valve operates as
shown in Solenoid Valve Operation Chart. Refer to ?Solenoid
Valve Operation Chart?.
ABS solenoid valve
UP KEEP DOWN
Front RH ABS S/V
ABS inlet S/VAR-FR OFF ON ON
ABS outlet S/VAR-FR OFF OFF ON*
Front LH ABS S/V
ABS inlet S/VAL-FL OFF ON ON
ABS outlet S/VAL-FL OFF OFF ON*