CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER
Revision: 2004 December 2004.5 350Z
INSPECTION AFTER DISASSEMBLY
Check for any of the conditions shown below. If any malfunction is found, replace the part concerned.
? Damaged cylinder internal wall, foreign matter, wear, corrosion, or pin hole
? Damaged or deformed nipple or reservoir tank
? Settling of the spring
? Cracked and deformed seat
1. Apply rubber lubricant to internal surface of the cylinder body, sliding surface of piston assembly, and the
piston cup. Insert return spring and piston assembly to the cylinder body.
2. Apply silicone grease to the push rod and install the stopper before installing the stopper ring.
Restrain the push rod while doing this because there is a danger the piston assembly will fly out
of the master cylinder.
3. Install seat to the cylinder body.
4. Install clevis to the push rod and tighten lock nut to the specified torque. Refer to CL-8, "
5. Install reservoir seal and nipple to the cylinder body. Using a pin punch, install spring pin.