Revision: 2004 December 2004.5 350Z
OPERATING CYLINDER PFP:30620
Removal and Installation ACS004N4
1. Drain clutch fluid.
Do not spill clutch fluid onto painted surfaces. If it spills, wipe up immediately and wash the
affected area with water.
2. Remove clutch hose from the operating cylinder.
3. Remove operating cylinder mounting bolt and then remove operating cylinder from the vehicle.
To install, reverse the removal procedure, following the cautions below:
? Install hose with care so that it will not be bent or twisted. Refer to CL-12, "Removal and Installation" .
? After completing the procedure, bleed the clutch tube. Refer to CL-7, "Bleeding" .
Disassembly and Assembly ACS004N5
? Remove dust cover and push rod. Remove piston, piston cup, and piston spring from inside the cylinder
INSPECTION AFTER DISASSEMBLY
Check for any of the conditions shown below. If any malfunction is found, replace the part concerned.
? Damage to cylinder inner surface or piston sliding surface. Foreign matter, wear, corrosion, or pin hole
? Settling of the spring
? Cracked or deformed dust cover
1. Apply rubber lubricant to cylinder body inner surface and rubber grease to the piston cup and piston.
Insert piston assembly and piston spring into the cylinder body.
2. Apply rubber grease to dust cover and install push rod and dust cover.
1. Air bleeder 2. Clutch hose 3. Union bolt
4. Copper washer 5. Cylinder body 6. Dust cover
7. Push rod 8. Piston 9. Piston cup
10. Piston spring