FRONT WHEEL HUB AND KNUCKLE
Revision: 2004 December 2004.5 350Z
FRONT WHEEL HUB AND KNUCKLE PFP:40202
On-Vehicle Inspection and Service ADS00034
Make sure the mounting conditions (looseness, back lash) of each component and component status (wear,
damage) are normal.
WHEEL BEARING INSPECTION
? Move wheel hub in the axial direction by hand. Make sure there is no looseness of wheel bearing.
? Rotate wheel hub and make sure there is no unusual noise or other irregular conditions. If there are any
irregular conditions, replace wheel hub and bearing assembly.
Removal and Installation ADS00035
1. Remove tire from vehicle with power tool.
2. Remove undercover with power tool.
3. Remove brake caliper with power tool. Hang it in a place where it will not interfere with work. Refer to BR-
25, "FRONT DISC BRAKE (CLZ25VD TYPE)" , BR-31, "FRONT DISC BRAKE (OPB27VA TYPE)" .
Avoid depressing brake pedal while brake caliper is removed.
4. Remove disc rotor.
5. Remove wheel sensor from steering knuckle. Refer to BRC-83, "
WHEEL SENSORS" (with TCS), BRC-
143, "WHEEL SENSORS" (with VDC).
Do not pull on wheel sensor harness.
6. Remove brake hose bracket from steering knuckle. Refer to BR-11, "
BRAKE PIPING AND HOSE" .
7. Remove cotter pin at steering outer socket, then loosen mounting nut.
Axial end play : 0.05 mm (0.002 in) or less
1. Hub cap 2. Ball seat 3. Steering knuckle
4. Cotter pin 5. Washer 6. Splash guard
7. Wheel hub and bearing assembly