Revision: 2005 August 2005 350Z
? Equally loosen camshaft bracket bolts in several steps in
reverse order as shown in the figure.
5. Remove camshaft.
6. Remove valve lifter.
? Identify installation positions, and store them without mixing them up.
7. Remove timing chain tensioner (secondary) from cylinder head.
? Remove timing chain tensioner (secondary) with its stopper
Stopper pin was attached when timing chain (secondary) was
INSPECTION AFTER REMOVAL
1. Put V-block on precise flat table, and support No. 2 and 4 jour-
nals of camshaft.
Do not support journal No. 1 (on the side of camshaft
sprocket) because it has a different diameter from the other
2. Set dial indicator vertically to No. 3 journal.
3. Turn camshaft to one direction with hands, and measure the
camshaft runout on a dial indicator. (Total indicator reading)
4. If it exceeds the limit, replace camshaft.
Standard : Less than 0.02 mm (0.0008 in)
Limit : 0.05 mm (0.0020 in)