Revision: 2005 August 2005 350Z
OIL SEAL PFP:00100
Removal and Installation of Valve Oil Seal ABS009YT
1. Remove camshaft relating to valve oil seal to be removed. Refer to EM-102, "CAMSHAFT" .
2. Remove valve lifters. Refer to EM-102, "
3. Turn crankshaft until the cylinder requiring new oil seals is at TDC. This will prevent valve from dropping
4. Remove valve collet.
? Compress valve spring with valve spring compressor, attach-
ment, adapter [SST]. Remove valve collet with magnet hand.
When working, take care not to damage valve lifter holes.
5. Remove valve spring retainer, valve spring and valve spring seat.
6. Remove valve oil seal using valve oil seal puller [SST].
1. Apply engine oil on new valve oil seal joint and seal lip.
2. Using valve oil seal drift [SST], press fit valve seal to height ?H?
shown in the figure.
Dimension ?H?: Height measured before valve spring seat instal-
3. Install in the reverse order of removal after this step.
Intake and exhaust : 14.3 - 14.9 mm (0.563 - 0.587 in)