Revision: 2005 August 2005 350Z
Removal and Installation of Front Oil Seal ABS009YU
1. Remove the following parts:
? Drive belts; Refer to EM-14, "DRIVE BELTS" .
? Radiator cooling fan assembly; Refer to CO-21, "COOLING FAN" .
? Starter motor; Refer to SC-10, "STARTING SYSTEM" .
? Crankshaft pulley; Refer to EM-59, "TIMING CHAIN" .
2. Remove front oil seal using suitable tool.
Be careful not to damage front timing chain case and crank-
1. Apply engine oil to both oil seal lip and dust seal lip of new front oil seal.
2. Install front oil seal.
? Install front oil seal so that each seal lip is oriented as shown
in the figure.
? Using suitable drift, press-fit until the height of front oil seal is
level with the mounting surface.
? Suitable drift: outer diameter 60 mm (2.36 in), inner diameter
50 mm (1.97 in).
? Be careful not to damage front timing chain case and
? Press-fit straight and avoid causing burrs or tilting oil
3. Install in the reverse order of removal after this step.
Removal and Installation of Rear Oil Seal ABS009YV
1. Remove oil pan (upper). Refer to EM-29, "OIL PAN AND OIL STRAINER" .
2. Remove transmission assembly. Refer to MT-18, "
TRANSMISSION ASSEMBLY" (M/T models) or AT-
272, "TRANSMISSION ASSEMBLY" (A/T models).
3. Remove clutch cover and clutch disk (M/T models). Refer to CL-15, "
CLUTCH DISC, CLUTCH COVER" .
4. Remove flywheel (M/T models) or drive plate (A/T models). Refer to EM-138, "
CYLINDER BLOCK" .