Revision: 2005 August 2005 350Z
5. Use seal cutter [SST] to cut away liquid gasket and remove rear
oil seal retainer.
Be careful not to damage mating surfaces.
Regard both rear oil seal and retainer as an assembly.
1. Remove old liquid gasket on mating surface of cylinder block and oil pan (upper) using scraper.
2. Apply new engine oil to both oil seal lip and dust seal lip of new rear oil seal retainer.
3. Apply a continuous bead of liquid gasket with tube presser [SST:
WS39930000 ( ? )] to rear oil seal retainer as shown in the
Use Genuine RTV Silicone Sealant or equivalent. Refer to
RECOMMENDED CHEMICAL PRODUCTS AND
? Assembly should be done within 5 minutes after coating.
4. Install rear oil seal retainer to cylinder block. Refer to EM-138, "
CYLINDER BLOCK" .
? Make sure the garter spring is in position and seal lips not inverted.
5. Install in the reverse order of removal after this step.