Revision: 2005 August 2005 350Z
CYLINDER HEAD PFP:11041
On-Vehicle Service ABS009YW
CHECKING COMPRESSION PRESSURE
1. Warm up engine thoroughly. Then, stop it.
2. Release fuel pressure. Refer to EC-94, "
FUEL PRESSURE RELEASE" .
3. Disconnect fuel pump fuse to avoid fuel injection during mea-
4. Remove engine cover with power tool. Refer to EM-18, "
INTAKE MANIFOLD COLLECTOR" .
5. Remove ignition coil and spark plug from each cylinder. Refer to EM-35, "
IGNITION COIL" and EM-36,
"SPARK PLUG (PLATINUM-TIPPED TYPE)" .
6. Connect engine tachometer (not required in use of CONSULT-ll).
7. Install compression tester with adapter onto spark plug hole.
? Use the adapter whose picking up end inserted to spark plug
hole is smaller than 20 mm (0.79 in) in diameter. Otherwise, it
may be caught by cylinder head during removal.
8. With accelerator pedal fully depressed, turn ignition switch to ?START? for cranking. When the gauge
pointer stabilizes, read the compression pressure and engine rpm. Perform these steps to check each cyl-
Unit: kPa (kg/cm
, psi) /rpm
Always use a fully changed battery to obtain specified engine speed.
Standard Minimum Differential limit between cylinders
1,275 (13.0, 185) / 300 981 (10.0, 142) / 300 98 (1.0, 14) / 300