Revision: 2005 August 2005 350Z
Cylinder Head Distortion
When performing this inspection, cylinder block distortion should be also checked. Refer to EM-162, "
DER BLOCK DISTORTION" .
1. Using scraper, wipe off oil, scale, gasket, sealant and carbon deposits from surface of cylinder head.
Do not allow gasket fragments to enter engine oil or engine coolant passages.
2. At each of several locations on bottom surface of cylinder head,
measure the distortion in six directions.
? If it exceeds the limit, replace cylinder head.
1. Install new cylinder head gaskets.
2. Turn crankshaft until No. 1 piston is set at TDC.
? Crankshaft key should line up with the right bank cylinder cen-
ter line as shown in the figure.
3. Install cylinder head follow the steps below to tighten cylinder
head bolts in numerical order as shown in the figure.
If cylinder head bolts re-used, check their outer diameters
before installation. Refer to EM-122, "
Cylinder Head Bolts
Outer Diameter" .
a. Apply new engine oil to threads and seat surfaces of cylinder
b. Tighten all cylinder head bolts.
c. Completely loosen all cylinder head bolts.
In step ?c?, loosen bolts in reverse order of that indicated in
d. Tighten all cylinder head bolts.
Limit : 0.1 mm (0.004 in)
: 98.1 N·m (10 kg-m, 72 ft-lb)
: 0 N·m (0 kg-m, 0 ft-lb)
: 34.3 - 44.1 N·m (3.5 - 4.4 kg-m, 26 - 32 ft-lb)