OIL PAN AND OIL STRAINER
Revision: 2005 August 2005 350Z
b. Apply a continuous bead of liquid gasket with tube presser [SST:
WS39930000 ( ? )] to the oil pan (lower) as shown in the fig-
Use Genuine RTV Silicone Sealant or equivalent. Refer to
RECOMMENDED CHEMICAL PRODUCTS AND
Attaching should be done within 5 minutes after coating.
c. Install oil pan (lower).
? Tighten mounting bolts in numerical order as shown in the fig-
5. Install oil pan drain plug.
? Refer to the figure of components of former page for installation direction of drain plug washer. Refer to
Removal and Installation" .
6. Install in the reverse order of removal after this step.
At least 30 minutes after oil pan is installed, pour engine oil.
INSPECTION AFTER INSTALLATION
1. Check engine oil level and adjust engine oil. Refer to LU-8, "ENGINE OIL" .
2. Start engine, and check there is no leak of engine oil.
3. Stop engine and wait for 10 minutes.
4. Check engine oil level again. Refer to LU-8, "
ENGINE OIL" .