FRONT TIMING CHAIN CASE
Revision: 2005 August 2005 350Z
26. Remove front oil seal from front timing chain case using suitable
? Use screwdriver for removal.
Be careful not to damage front timing chain case.
27. Remove timing chain and related parts. Refer to EM-59, "
TIMING CHAIN" .
28. Use scraper to remove all traces of old liquid gasket from front
and rear timing chain cases and oil pan (upper), and liquid gas-
ket mating surfaces.
Be careful not to allow gasket fragments to enter oil pan.
? Remove old liquid gasket from bolt hole and thread.
1. Install timing chain and related parts. Refer to EM-59, "TIMING CHAIN" .
2. Hammer dowel pins (right and left) into front timing chain case
up to a point close to taper in order to shorten protrusion length.
3. Install new front oil seal on the front timing chain case.
? Apply new engine oil to both oil seal lip and dust seal lip.