Revision: 2005 August 2005 350Z
DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE 2
Check ?S? Connector Circuit
1. CHECK POWER SUPPLY FOR STARTER MOTOR ?S? TERMINAL
1. Remove the fuel pump fuse.
2. Crank or start the engine (where possible) until the fuel pressure is released.
3. Turn ignition switch OFF.
4. Disconnect starter motor connector.
5. Shift A/T selector lever to ?P? or ?N? position. (A/T models)
Keep depressing clutch pedal fully. (M/T models)
6. Check voltage between starter motor harness connector F9 ter-
minal 1 (B/Y) and ground.
OK or NG
OK >> ?S? connector circuit is OK. Further inspection neces-
sary. Refer to SC-16, "
WORK FLOW" .
NG >> Check the following.
? 40A fusible link (letter M , located in fuse and fusible
? Ignition switch
? Starter relay (within the IPDM E/R)
? Harness for open or short
MINIMUM SPECIFICATION OF CRANKING VOLTAGE REFERENCING COOLANT TEMPERA-
1 (B/Y) ? Ground
When the ignition switch is
in START position
: Battery voltage
Engine coolant temperature Voltage [V]
?30 °C to ?20 °C (?22 °F to ?4 °F) 8.4
?19 °C to ?10 °C (?2 °F to 14°F) 8.9
?9 °C to 0 °C (16 °F to 32 °F) 9.3
More than 1 °C (More than 34 °F) 9.7