Revision: 2005 August 2005 350Z
Trouble Diagnoses with Battery/Starting/Charging System Tester AKS0098Z
To ensure a complete and thorough diagnosis, the battery, starter and alternator test segments must be done
as a set from start to finish.
Before starting, perform the preliminary inspection. Refer to SC-26, "
PRELIMINARY INSPECTION" .
1. Turn off all loads on the vehicle electrical system.
2. Perform battery and starting system test with Battery/Starting/
Charging system tester.
3. Press ?ENTER? to begin the charging system test.
4. Start engine.
5. Press ?ENTER? until ?LOADS OFF REV ENGINE 5 SEC? is dis-
6. Raise and hold the engine speed at 1,500 to 2,000 rpm for about
5 seconds, then return the engine to idle.
Once the increase in engine rpm is detected, press ?ENTER? to
? If after 30 seconds an increase in engine idle speed is not
detected, ?RPM NOT DETECTED? will display.
? Some engines may have a higher idle initially after starting,
particularly when the engine is cold. The tester may detect
this without any other action being taken. If this occurs, con-
tinue on with the testing process. The final results will not be affected.
7. The tester now checks the engine at idle and performs the
8. When complete, the tester will prompt you to turn on the follow-
ing electrical loads.
? Heater fan set to highest speed. Do not run the A/C or wind-
? Headlamp high beam
? Rear window defogger
Do not run the windshield wipers or any other cyclical loads.
9. Press ?ENTER? to continue.