Revision: 2005 August 2005 350Z
3. STOP LAMP SWITCH CIRCUIT INSPECTION
1. Turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) connector E51.
2. Check the voltage between the ABS actuator and electric unit
(control unit) connector terminal and the ground.
OK or NG
OK >> Inspection End
NG >> Open or short in harness between the ABS actuator and electric unit and the stop lamp switch.
Repair or replace the harness.
Inspection 7 ABS Actuator and Electric Unit (Control Unit) 2 AFS0029E
1. SELF-DIAGNOSIS RESULT CHECK
Check self-diagnosis results.
When any item other than ?emergency brake? is indicated in self-diagnosis display, follow the instructions
?Emergency brake? is indicated when control unit itself is detected as an error. If this display item is
indicated, replace control unit.
Is the above displayed in the self-diagnosis display items?
YES >> Replace the ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit).
NO >> Inspection End
Inspection 8 CAN Communication System AFS0029F
1. CHECK CONNECTOR
1. Turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect the ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) connector, and check
the terminal for deformation, disconnection, looseness, and so on. If there is a malfunction, repair or
replace the terminal.
2. Reconnect connector to perform self-diagnosis.
?CAN COMM CIRCUIT? displayed in the self-diagnosis display items?
YES >> Print out the self-diagnostic results, and refer to LAN-3, "Precautions When Using CONSULT-II" .
NO >> Connector terminal connector is loose, damaged, open, or shorted.
ABS actuator and electric unit
(Harness connector E51)
Ground Measuring condition Voltage
17 (P/L) ?
Brake pedal depressed Battery voltage (approx. 12V)
Brake pedal not depressed 0V