TROUBLE DIAGNOSIS FOR SYSTEM
Revision: 2005 August 2006 350Z
Steering Angle Sensor System NFS0004H
1. CHECK SELF-DIAGNOSIS RESULTS
Check self-diagnosis results.
Is the above displayed in the self-diagnosis item?
YES >> GO TO 2.
NO >> INSPECTION END
2. CHECK CONNECTOR
1. Disconnect steering angle sensor connector and VDC/TCS/ABS control unit connector and check termi-
nals for deformation, disconnection, looseness, and so on. If there is an error, repair or replace the termi-
2. Reconnect the connectors and then preform self-diagnosis.
Is the result of self-diagnosis normal?
YES >> The connector terminal contact is loose, damaged, open or shorted.
NO >> GO TO 3.
3. CHECK STEERING ANGLE SENSOR HARNESS
1. Check CAN communication system. Refer to BRC-127, "
CAN Communication System" .
2. Turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect steering angle sensor
connector M22 and VDC/TCS/ABS control unit connector E118.
3. Check continuity between VDC/TCS/ABS control unit connector
terminal 2 and steering angle sensor connector terminal 3.
OK or NG
OK >> GO TO 4.
NG >> If the open or short in harness, repair or replace the har-
4. CHECK DATA MONITOR
1. Connect steering angle sensor and VDC/TCS/ABS control unit connectors.
2. Conduct ?DATA MONITOR? of the ?STR ANGLE SIG? to check if the status is normal.
OK or NG
OK >> Re-conduct VDC/TCS/ABS control unit self-diagnosis.
NG >> Replace spiral cable (steering angle sensor) and adjust neutral position of steering angle sensor.
Refer to BRC-83, "
Adjustment of Steering Angle Sensor Neutral Position" .
Yaw Rate/Side G Sensor System NFS0004I
Sudden turns (such as spin turns, acceleration turns), drifting, etc. When VDC function is OFF (VDC
SW ON) may cause the yaw rate/side G - sensor system indicate a problem. However this is not a prob-
lem if normal operation can be resumed after restarting the engine.
ST ANG SEN CIRCUIT
VDC/TCS/ABS control unit Steering angle sensor Continuity
Steering condition Data monitor
Straight-ahead - 5 deg ? + 5 deg
Turn wheel to the right by 90 ° Approx. + 90 deg
Turn wheel to the left by 90 ° Approx. - 90 deg