Revision: 2005 August 2006 350Z
ABS WARNING LAMP ON/OFF TIMING
×: ON ?: OFF
Basic Inspection NFS00025
BRAKE FLUID AMOUNT, LEAKS, AND BRAKE PADS INSPECTION
1. Check fluid level in the brake reservoir tank. If fluid level is low, refill the brake fluid.
2. Check brake tubes or hoses and around ABS actuator for leaks. If there is leaking or oozing fluid, check
? If ABS actuator connection is loose, tighten the piping to the specified torque and re-conduct the leak
inspection to make sure there are no leaks.
? If there is damage to the connection flare nut or ABS actuator screw, replace the damaged part and re-
conduct the leak inspection to make sure there are no leaks.
? When there is fluid leaking or oozing from a part other than ABS actuator connection, if the fluid is just
oozing out, use a clean cloth to wipe off the oozing fluid and re-check for leaks. If fluid is still oozing out,
replace the damaged part.
? When there is fluid leaking or oozing at ABS actuator, if the fluid is just oozing out, use a clean cloth to
wipe off the oozing fluid and re-check for leaks. If fluid is still oozing out, replace ABS actuator body.
ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) cannot be disassembled.
3. Check brake pad degree of wear. Refer to BR-26, "
PAD WEAR INSPECTION" in ?Front Disc Brake? and
PAD WEAR INSPECTION" in ?Rear Disc Brake?.
POWER SYSTEM TERMINAL LOOSENESS AND BATTERY INSPECTION
Make sure the battery positive cable, negative cable and ground connection are not loose. In addition, check
the battery voltage to make sure it has not dropped.
ABS WARNING LAMP INSPECTION
1. Make sure ABS warning lamp turned on approximately 1 second when the ignition switch is turned ON.
Check CAN communications. Refer to BRC-33, "
CAN Communication System" .
2. Make sure lamp turns off approximately 1 second after the ignition switch is turned on. If the lamp does
not turn off, conduct self-diagnosis.
3. Make sure ABS warning lamp turn off 2 seconds after the engine is started. If ABS warning lamp has not
turned off 10 seconds after the engine has been started, conduct self-diagnosis of the ABS actuator and
4. After conducting the self-diagnosis, be sure to erase the error memory. Refer to BRC-20, "
Condition ABS warning lamp Remarks
Ignition switch OFF ? ?
For approximately ?1? second after ignition switch ON × ?
After approximately ?1? second after ignition switch ON.
(When system is normal)
? Turns off 2 second after engine start
ABS error ×
When there is an ABS actuator and electric unit
error (power or ground error)