TROUBLE DIAGNOSIS FOR SYSTEM
Revision: 2005 August 2006 350Z
OK or NG
OK >> Replace ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit).
NG >> Open or short in harness. Repair or replace the harness.
Stop Lamp Switch System NFS0002B
1. CHECK SELF-DIAGNOSIS RESULTS
Check self-diagnosis results.
Is the above displayed in the self-diagnosis display item?
YES >> GO TO 2.
NO >> INSPECTION END
2. CHECK CONNECTOR
1. Disconnect ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) connector E51 and stop lamp switch connector
E112, check the terminal for deformation, disconnection, looseness, and so on. If there is an error, repair
or replace the terminal.
2. Securely reconnect the connector and conduct self-diagnosis.
3. Start engine.
4. Repeat Pumping brake pedal carefully several times, then perform self-diagnosis again.
Is the result of self-diagnosis normal?
YES >> The connector terminal contact is loose, damaged, open or shorted.
NO >> GO TO 3.
3. CHECK STOP LAMP SWITCH CIRCUIT
1. Turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) connector E51.
2. Check voltage between ABS actuator and electric unit (control
unit) connector terminal and ground.
OK or NG
OK >> INSPECTION END
NG >> Open or short in harness between ABS actuator and electric unit and stop lamp switch. Repair or
replace the harness.
STOP LAMP SW
ABS actuator and electric unit
Ground Measurement condition Voltage
Brake pedal depressed. Battery voltage (Approx. 12 V)
Brake pedal not depressed. Approx. 0 V