BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER
Revision: 2006 November 2007 350Z
BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER PFP:46010
On-Vehicle Inspection NFS0000H
? Check for leaking in the master cylinder installation surface, the reservoir tank installation surface, and the
brake tube connections.
Removal and Installation NFS0000I
Do not let brake fluid come in contact with painted surfaces on the body. This might damage the paint,
so if it does come in contact, immediately wipe area and wash off with water.
1. Drain brake fluid. Refer to BR-10, "Drain and Refill" .
2. Remove the fluid surface sensor harness connector.
3. Using a flare nut wrench, disconnect master cylinder assembly and brake tube.
4. Remove the master cylinder assembly nut and remove the master cylinder assembly from the vehicle.
Refer to BR-24, "
Removal and Installation" .
? Refill with new brake fluid ?DOT3?.
? Do not reuse drained brake fluid.
1. Attach the master cylinder assembly to the brake booster
assembly and tighten the nut to the specified torque. BR-23,
Vehicles equipped with VDC require particular attention
when conducting the following installation.
? Make sure the sliding surface of the primary piston rod is
not damaged, and that no foreign matter become
? Do not reuse the O-ring on the rear end of the master cyl-
inder as it is a non-reusable part.
? Apply the silicon grease in the inner kit to and around the O-ring at the rear end of the master
cylinder and to the inside of the booster.
2. Install brake tube to master cylinder assembly and temporarily tighten flare nuts by hand.
3. Tighten the brake tube flare nut to the specified torque with flare nut crowfoot and torque wrench. Refer to
Hydraulic Circuit" .
4. Refill brake fluid and bleed air. Refer to BR-11, "
Bleeding Brake System" .