Revision: 2006 November 2007 350Z
BRAKE PEDAL PFP:46501
Inspection and Adjustment NFS00006
PLAY AND CLEARANCE BETWEEN THE BRAKE PEDAL AND FLOOR PANEL WITH PEDAL
1. Check the brake pedal free height from the dash lower panel (1).
2. Adjust the height referring to the following specifications.
1. Loosen the stop lamp switch and ASCD cancel switch by rotat-
ing it counterclockwise by 45°.
2. Loosen the lock nut (A) on the input rod, then rotate the input
rod to set the pedal to the specified height, and tighten the lock
nut (A) to the specified torque. Refer to BR-23, "
Check that the threaded end of the input rod stays inside
3. With the pedal pulled and held by hand, press the stop lamp
switch and ASCD cancel switch until its threaded end contacts
the stopper rubber.
4. With the threaded end of the stop lamp switch contacting the
stopper rubber and ASCD cancel switch, rotate the switch clock-
wise by 45° to secure.
Make sure that the clearance ?C? between the stopper rub-
ber and threaded end of the stop lamp switch and ASCD
cancel switch is within the standard.
5. Check the pedal play.
Make sure that the stop lamps go off when the pedal is
6. Start the engine to check the brake pedal's depressed height.
Brake pedal height ?H
1 ? (from dash lower panel top sur-
M/T models : 153.2 ? 163.2 mm (6.03 ? 6.43 in)
A/T models : 161.5 ? 171.5 mm (6.36 ? 6.75 in)
Depressed pedal height ?H
2 ? [under a force of 490 N (50
kg, 110 lb) with the engine running]
M/T models : More than 90 mm (3.54 in)
A/T models : More than 95 mm (3.74 in)
Clearance ?C ? between threaded end of the stop lamp
switch/ASCD cancel switch (2) and stopper rubber (3).
: 0.74 ? 1.96 mm (0.0291 ? 0.0772 in)
Pedal play ?A? : 3 ? 11 mm (0.12 ? 0.43 in)