ABS CONTROL MODULE AND HYDRAULIC CONTROL UNIT (ABSCM&H/U)
2. ABS Control Module and Hy-
draulic Control Unit (AB-
1) Disconnect the ground cable from battery.
2) Remove the air intake duct to facilitate removal
3) Use an air gun to get rid of water around the AB-
Contact will be insufficient if the terminal gets wet.
4) Remove the ground cable from ABSCM&H/U.
5) Pull off the lock of ABSCM&H/U connector to re-
6) Disconnect the connector from ABSCM&H/U.
Do not pull the harness when disconnecting the
7) Unlock the cable clip.
8) Disconnect the brake pipes from ABSCM&H/U.
9) Wrap the brake pipes with vinyl bag to avoid
spilling brake fluid on vehicle body.
•Brake fluid spilt on the vehicle body will harm
the painted surface; wash away quickly with
water if spilt.
10) Remove the ABSCM&H/U from engine com-
•ABSCM&H/U cannot be disassembled. Do
not attempt to loosen bolts and nuts.
•Do not drop or bump the ABSCM&H/U.
•Do not turn the ABSCM&H/U upside down or
place it on its side.
•Be careful to prevent foreign particles from
getting into ABSCM&H/U.
•Do not let water get into the connector.
1) Install the ABSCM&H/U bracket.
33 N·m (3.4 kgf-m, 24.6 ft-lb)
2) Apply a coat of anti-corrosive wax to the bracket
3) Align the width across flat portion of ABSCM& H/
U side stud bolt with the bolt hole groove on brack-
et, and then install the ABSCM&H/U.
Confirm the specification mark of ABSCM&H/U.
18 N·m (1.8 kgf-m, 13.0 ft-lb)
4) Connect the brake pipes to their correct AB-
15 N·m (1.5 kgf-m, 10.8 ft-lb)
5) Using the cable clip, secure the ABSCM&H/U
harness to bracket.
6) Connect the connector to ABSCM&H/U.
•Be sure to remove all foreign matter from inside
of the connector before connecting.
•Ensure that the ABSCM&H/U connector is se-
7) Connect the ground cable to ABSCM&H/U, and
then apply anti-corrosive wax.
8) Install the air intake duct.
9) Bleed air from the brake system.