AIRBAG SYSTEM (DIAGNOSTICS)
READ DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE
8. Read Diagnostic Trouble
1) Turn the ignition switch ON.
2) Connect the diagnosis terminal to diagnosis con-
nector terminal No. 1 in the driver's seat lower cov-
3) Read trouble code by identifying the way the air
bag warning light flashes.
The airbag warning light flashes a code corre-
sponding to the faulty parts.
The long segment (1.2 sec on) indicates a ?ten?,
and the short segment (0.3 sec on) indicates a
??List of Diagnostic Trouble Code? <Ref. to AB-38,
List of Diagnostic Trouble Code.>
??Airbag Warning Light Failure? <Ref. to AB-33,
Airbag Warning Light Failure.>
4) Turn the ignition switch OFF, and disconnect the
diagnosis terminal from the diagnosis connector
terminal No 1.
5) Wind tape around the diagnosis terminal and re-
turn it to its original position.