7. CHECK THE EVAPORATOR
1) Use one or both of the following methods to
check the evaporator assembly.
2) Remove the drain hose from the case drain
nipple. Hold the probe at the end of the case drain
nipple for at least 10 seconds. Be certain to recon-
nect the drain hose when finished.
3) With the ignition key in the ?ACC? position, run
the blower on high speed for 1 minute, then turn
the blower off. Place the probe in the center instru-
ment panel vent, and turn the blower on low speed
for 1 to 2 seconds, then turn the blower off. Leave
the probe in the vent for at least 10 seconds.
8. CHECK THE SERVICE PORT CAPS
Visually inspect the inside of the service port caps.
Make sure the rubber seal is in place on the inside
of the caps. Disconnect the gauges from the
vehicle and install the service port caps.
1. SYSTEM OIL STABILIZATION
1) Prior to opening the refrigerant system for
repairs (except compressor seizure) the system
must be stabilized for correct oil replenishment.
2) Follow these procedures:
(1) Engine speed set to 1,500 rpm
(2) A/C ?ON?
(3) Air source to recirculate
(4) Blower 4th or high speed position
¼ Make sure the air entering the evaporator is
above 26.7°C (80°F).
¼ The discharge (high) side pressure must be
above 588 kPa (6 kg/cm
, 85 psi).
(5) Operate the A/C for 10 minutes.
2. SYSTEM DISCHARGE
Slowly, discharge the system starting with the high-
pressure side until the pressure drops below 345
kPa (3.52 kg/cm
, 50 psi), then open the low-pres-
1. OIL REPLACEMENT
1) After stabilization and discharge, replace the
component, adding the appropriate amount of oil
(ZXL200PG) to the new component before instal-
Evaporator 70 m? (2.4 US fl oz, 2.5 Imp fl oz)
Receiver drier 5 m? (0.2 US fl oz, 0.2 Imp fl oz)
Condenser 50 m? (1.7 US fl oz, 1.8 Imp fl oz)
Hose 50 m? (1.7 US fl oz, 1.8 Imp fl oz)
2) If the compressor is replaced (after stabiliza-
(1) Drain and measure the oil from the original
(2) Drain the oil from the replacement compres-
sor and refill with the same amount that was
drained from the original [20 m? (0.7 US fl oz,
0.7 Imp fl oz) minimum].Always use ZXL200PG
for the replacement oil.
4-7 [W8A7] SERVICE PROCEDURE