10. Performance Test
1. VEHICLE SET UP
In order to obtain meaningful test results, the
vehicle must be set up to meet the following con-
¼ Vehicle in shade
¼ No wind
¼ All vehicle doors closed
¼ Front windows open
¼ Hood open
¼ Engine speed set at 1,500 rpm.
¼ A/C ON
¼ Temperature control lever ? Maximum cold
¼ Air source ? Recirculation
¼ Blower speed ? 4th position (High)
¼ Operate A/C for 10 minutes (Minimum) before
After 10 minutes (Minimum) of A/C operation and
using accurate test equipment, take the following
measurements (in order):
1) Evaporator intake air temperature at recircula-
2) Evaporator discharge air temperature at center
3) Condenser (Ambient) intake air temperature
measured 0.9 m (3 ft) in front and in line with the
center of the condenser
4) Suction (Low) side pressure
5) Discharge (High) side pressure
If only one thermometer is available; 1) take the
ambient measurement first; then 2) the intake air;
and 3) discharge air temperature.
1. COMPRESSOR CLUTCH
Compressor clutch trouble is often caused by
clutch slippage and noise. Check and take correc-
tive measures, as required.
1) Remove belt cover.
2) Check that clearance between drive plate and
pulley over the entire perimeter is within specifica-
0.15 mm (0.0177
3) Check that voltage applied to magnetic coil is at
least 10.5 volts.
4) When noise is noted, check that it originates in
either compressor or pulley bearing.
[W11A1] 4-7SERVICE PROCEDURE