6) Remove differential mount front cover.
7) Remove the four bolts which hold propeller
shaft to rear differential.
¼ Put matching mark on affected parts before
¼ Remove all but one bolt.
8) Remove the two bolts which hold center bear-
ing to vehicle body.
9) Remove propeller shaft from transmission.
¼ Be sure not to damage oil seals and the fric-
tional surface of sleeve yoke.
¼ Cover the center exhaust pipe with a cloth
because ATF or oil may be spilled from
transmission, when removing propeller shaft.
¼ Be sure to use an empty oil can to catch oil
flowing out when removing propeller shaft.
¼ Be sure to plug the opening in transmission after
removal of propeller shaft.
(A) Propeller shaft
10) Install the extension cap to transmission.
If extension cap is not available, cover the opening
with a vinyl bag in order to prevent gear oil or ATF
(A) Extension cap
C: DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Do not disassemble propeller shaft. It is a single
Do not disassemble propeller shaft. Check the fol-
lowing and replace if necessary.
1) Tube surfaces for dents or cracks
[W1D0] 3-4SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Propeller Shaft