3. Rear Differential Front
1) Disconnect ground terminal from battery.
2) Move select lever or gear shift lever to ?N?.
3) Release the parking brake.
4) Loosen wheel nuts.
5) Jack-up vehicle and support it with sturdy
6) Remove wheels.
7) Remove rear exhaust pipe and muffler.
<Ref. to 2-9 [W2A0].> and <Ref. to 2-9 [W3A0].>
8) Remove rear differential front member.
When removing rear differential front member,
work the removal procedure as rear differential.
<Ref. to 3-4 [W2B0].>
To install, reverse the removal sequence.
1) Position front member on body by passing it
under parking brake cable and securing to rear
¼ If rear differential protector has been or will be
equipped, install front member, rear differential and
rear differential protector as a unit.
¼ When installing rear differential front member,
do not confuse the installation sequence of the
(B) Differential mount bracket
2) Insert DOJ of rear drive shaft into rear differen-
Before inserting, replace the differential side
oil seal and the circlip at the end of the spline
shaft with a new one.
ST 28099PA090 SIDE OIL SEAL PROTEC-
3) Install in the reverse order of removal.
3-4 [W3A0] SERVICE PROCEDURE
3. Rear Differential Front Member