11. Vehicle Speed Sensor (For
1) Disconnect ground cable from battery.
2) Lift-up the vehicle.
3) Remove front and center exhaust pipes. <Ref.
to 2-9 [W1A0].>
4) Disconnect connector from vehicle speed sen-
5) Turn and remove vehicle speed sensor.
¼ Discard vehicle speed sensor and after removal,
replace with a new one.
¼ Ensure sensor mounting hole is clean and free
of foreign matter.
¼ Align tip end of key with key groove on end of
speedometer shaft during installation.
1) Hand tighten vehicle speed sensor.
2) Tighten vehicle speed sensor using suitable
0.5 N·m (0.6
0.05 kg-m, 4.3
3) Connect connector to vehicle speed sensor.
4) Install front and center exhaust pipes. <Ref. to
6-2 [W11A0] SERVICE PROCEDURE
11. Vehicle Speed Sensor (For MT Vehicle)