1. PRECAUTIONS FOR ASSEMBLING
1) When assembling, be sure to use recom-
mended brake fluid.
2) Ensure that the inside wall of cylinder, pistons,
and piston cups are free from dirt when assem-
3) Be extremely careful not to damage, scratch, or
dent cylinder inside wall, pistons, and piston cups.
4) Do not drop parts. Never attempt to use any
part that has been dropped accidentally.
2. ASSEMBLING OPERATION
1) Assembling piston assembly:
Apply recommended brake fluid to inside wall of
cylinder, and to outer surface of piston assembly,
and install piston assemblies carefully into cylinder.
2) Assembling cylinder pin:
3) Press the pawl and install the piston retainer
into the master cylinder.
Install the master cylinder to the body in the
reverse order of removal.
Master cylinder mounting nut
4 N·m (1.4
0.4 kg-m, 10.1
Piping flare nut
Be sure to use recommended brake fluid.
6. Brake Booster
1) Remove or disconnect the following parts at
(1) Disconnect connector for brake fluid level
(2) Remove brake pipes from master cylinder.
(3) Remove master cylinder installing nuts.
(4) Disconnect vacuum hose from brake
2) Remove the following parts from the pedal
(1) Snap pin and clevis pin
(2) The four brake booster installing nuts
3) Remove brake booster while shunning brake
B: HANDLING PRECAUTIONS
1) Be careful not to drop brake booster. Brake
booster should be discarded if it has been
2) Use special care when handling operating rod.
If excessive force is applied to operating rod, suf-
ficient to cause a change in the angle in excess of
±3°, it may result in damage to the power piston
3) Use care when placing brake booster on the
If external force is applied from above when
brake booster is placed in this position, the
resin portion as indicated by ?P?, may be dam-
[W6B0] 4-4SERVICE PROCEDURE
6. Brake Booster