A: GENERAL PRECAUTION
(1) Remove or install engine in an area where
chain hoists, lifting devices, etc. are available for
(2) Be sure not to damage coated surfaces of
body panels with tools or stain seats and windows
with coolant or oil. Place a cover over fenders, as
required, for protection.
(3) Prior to starting work, prepare the following:
Service tools, clean cloth, containers to catch cool-
ant and oil, wire ropes, chain hoist, transmission
(4) Lift-up or lower the vehicle when necessary.
Make sure to support the correct positions. <Ref.
to 1-3 [G7B0].>
1) Set the vehicle on lift arms.
2) Open front hood and support with a stay.
3) Release fuel pressure.
(1) Disconnect fuel pump relay connector.
(A) Fuel pump relay connector
(2) Start the engine, and run until it stalls.
(3) After the engine stalls, crank it for five sec-
(4) Turn ignition switch to ?OFF?.
(5) Remove filler cap.
4) Disconnect battery ground terminal.
5) Remove under cover.
6) Drain coolant.
Set container under the vehicle, and loose drain
cock from radiator.
7) Remove cooling system.
(1) Disconnect connectors from radiator main
fan and sub fan motors.
[W1B0] 2-11SERVICE PROCEDURE