A: GENERAL PRECAUTION
(1) Remove or install transmission in an area
where chain hoists, lifting devices, etc. are avail-
able for ready use.
(2) Be sure not to damage coated surfaces of
body panels with tools or stain seats and windows
with coolant or oil. Place a cover over fenders, as
required, for protection.
(3) Prior to starting work, prepare the following:
Service tools, clean cloth, containers to catch cool-
ant and oil, wire ropes, chain hoist, transmission
(4) Lift-up or lower the vehicle when necessary.
Make sure to support the correct positions. <Ref.
to 1-3 [G7B0].>
1) Open front hood fully, and support with stay.
2) Disconnect battery ground terminal.
3) Remove air intake duct and air cleaner case.
4) Remove air cleaner case stay.
¼ MT vehicles
¼ AT vehicles
5) Disconnect the following connectors.
(1) Front oxygen sensor connector
(2) Transmission harness connector (AT
(3) Transmission ground terminal
[W2B0] 2-11SERVICE PROCEDURE