2) Remove nut which holds fan itself onto fan
motor and shroud assembly.
3) Remove bolts which install fan motor onto
4) Install in the reverse order of removal.
0.5 N·m (0.45
0.05 kg-m, 3.3
0.5 N·m (0.35
0.05 kg-m, 2.5
7. Water Pipe
The radiator is pressurized. Wait until engine
cools down before working on the radiator.
1) Set the vehicle on the lift.
2) Release fuel pressure.
<Ref. to 2-8 [W1A0].>
3) Disconnect ground cable from the battery.
4) Drain engine coolant completely.
<Ref. to 2-5 [W9A0].>
5) Lower the vehicle.
6) Remove intake manifold.
<Ref. to 2-7 [W3A0].>
2-5 [W7A0] SERVICE PROCEDURE
7. Water Pipe
Subaru Forester Engine Cooling System 1999 2000 (15) Summary of Content
2) Remove nut which holds fan itself onto fanmotor and shroud assembly.S2M09393) Remove bolts which install fan motor ontoshroud.H2M35934) Install in the reverse order of removal.Tightening torque:4.40.5 Nm (0.450.05 kg-m, 3.30.4 ft-lb)H2M3593Tightening torque:3.40.5 Nm (0.350.05 kg-m, 2.50.4 ft-lb)S2M09397. Water PipeA: REMOVALWARNING:The radiator is pressurized. Wait until enginecools down before working on the radiator.1) Set the vehicle on the lift.2) Release fuel pressure.Ref. to 2-8 [W1A0].3) Disconnect ground cable from the battery.G6M00954) Drain engine coolant completely.Ref. to 2-5 [W9A0].B2M00155) Lower the vehicle.6) Remove intake manifold.Ref. to 2-7 [W3A0].B2M0160202-5 [W7A0] SERVICE PROCEDURE7. Water Pipe