A: REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
1) Disconnect battery ground cable.
2) Remove air cleaner case and air intake duct.
<Ref. to 2-7 [W1A0].>
3) Remove air intake chamber stay.
4) Disconnect connector and terminal from starter.
5) Remove starter from transmission.
6) Install in the reverse order of removal.
4 N·m (5.1
0.4 kg-m, 37
1. SWITCH ASSEMBLY OPERATION
1) Connect terminal S of switch assembly to posi-
tive terminal of battery with a lead wire, and starter
body to ground terminal of battery. Pinion should
be forced endwise on shaft.
With pinion forced endwise on shaft, starter
motor can sometimes rotate because current
flows, through pull-in coil, to motor. This is not
6-1 [W1A0] SERVICE PROCEDURE